Do you have old fabrics that you do not use anymore in your home, but you cannot afford to throw in? Or do you have a cloth cover like a tablecloth that you bought for your liking once, but you do not want to use it anymore because the edges are old. And, would you like to add some more color to your snack table? Yeah? We have a great and quick idea for our readers: Fabric Coasters
In this article, we will tell you how to evaluate your old fabrics as a Fabric coaster. So let’s start!
The materials you need to make fabric coasters;
- About 15 x 15 cm fabric pieces, large enough to make your fabric base.
- Sewing thread and sewing roller
- Templates to prepare these fabric pads. (it is possible to search these templates by googling on the internet)
From these templates you can choose one that looks pretty good. It can be square or round. You can also search for words such as cat and cloud in your designs.
Now we can start to prepare handmade fabric coasters.
You can follow the steps below;
- Start by printing your template page from the printer.
- Attach your fabric to this pattern and fix the pattern and fabric together. Make sure that it does not slip during cutting.
- Keep the machine contour 0.7 cm wide, which is about the same width as the width of the stitching foot. Be sure to leave an area of about 3 cm open during this sewing.
- Correct the corners before performing the inner-outer loop. If you are not going to use a geometric shape such as a square or a circle, for example if you are planning to make a cloud-shaped base, cut the circumference of the cup base around the sewing area. Be sure to cut at least 4mm away from the sewing area during this cutting.
- After the sewing and cutting operation is completed, ventilate the fabric. In this way you will help your fabric settle properly.
- Finish the process by passing over the open area to complete the stitch.
- Repeat these steps for the number of cups required for the tool.
That is all! Is not it easy? For those inexperienced or those who will try the fabric coasters for the first time, here are the various tips;
You can design handmade pads for your different needs, such as vase pads or mouse pads, by playing with the template measurements and models you use here. The work here is completely dependent on your imagination.
You can use a small strip to hold the coasters before you start sewing.
By playing with colors you can make your design look different. For example, if you prepare both sides of your design with different fabrics, you can use both sides of the design according to your wishes, as if you have two different sets of cups.
Do not forget to take your friends’ ideas for different models.