Braids are a popular and timeless hairstyle for black women. From classic cornrows to intricate box braids, there are endless braiding styles to choose from. If you’re looking for some inspiration for your next hairdo, here are 48 stunning braids hairstyles for gorgeous black hair.
1. Classic Cornrows: This simple and timeless style is perfect for everyday wear. Cornrows are created by braiding the hair in a straight line close to the scalp.
2. Box Braids: Box braids are one of the most popular and versatile braiding styles for black women. They can be worn in various lengths, thicknesses, and colors.
3. Fulani Braids: This style is inspired by the Fulani people of West Africa. It features small braids at the front of the head and larger braids at the back.
4. Ghana Braids: Ghana braids are similar to cornrows, but they are larger and more intricate. They are perfect for special occasions.
5. Jumbo Braids: Jumbo braids are thicker and larger than traditional box braids. They can be styled in various ways, including updos and half-up/half-down styles.
6. Senegalese Twists: Senegalese twists are created by twisting two strands of hair together. They can be worn in various lengths and sizes.
7. Micro Braids: Micro braids are small and thin braids that are perfect for those who want a low-maintenance style.
8. Crochet Braids: Crochet braids are a type of hair extension that is attached to the natural hair using a crochet hook. They can be styled in various ways, including curly and straight.
9. Marley Twists: Marley twists are similar to Senegalese twists, but they are created using Marley hair. They are perfect for those who want a fuller and more voluminous look.
10. Goddess Braids: Goddess braids are large and thick braids that are perfect for those who want a bold and statement-making hairstyle.
11. Lemonade Braids: Lemonade braids are inspired by Beyoncé’s iconic braids in her “Lemonade” album. They feature small, zigzag braids at the front of the head and larger braids at the back.
12. Knotless Braids: Knotless braids are a newer and more gentle type of braiding technique. They are created by braiding the hair without knotting it at the root.
13. Faux Locs: Faux locs are created by wrapping synthetic hair around the natural hair. They can be worn in various lengths and sizes.
14. Tribal Braids: Tribal braids are inspired by the traditional hairstyles of African tribes. They feature intricate braiding patterns and are perfect for those who want a unique and statement-making style.
15. Tree Braids: Tree braids are created by braiding the hair with extensions and then leaving the extensions loose at the ends. They are perfect for those who want a low-maintenance style.
16. Cornrow Ponytail: This simple and classic style features cornrows braided into a high ponytail.
17. Bantu Knots: Bantu knots are created by twisting the hair into small knots. They can be worn as a protective style or as a heatless curling method.
18. Halo Braid: The halo braid is created by braiding the hair around the head, creating a halo-like effect.
19. Dutch Braids: Dutch braids are created by braiding the hair under, rather than over, the middle section.